Issaquah Goes Apples 2020
Issaquah Goes Apples & Farm Fresh Markets!
This community event celebrates the harvest season combining activities in the downtown district including a farm fresh produce pop-up market, walking tours, art experiences, seasonal photo opportunities and more.
Local farmers will be at the Historic Shell Station with a bounty of farm fresh produce. Shop the market, then leave your bags with our concierge while you enjoy family-friendly activities throughout town.
Here’s what’s happening:
– Farm fresh pop-up and merchant market
– Make cider on an old-fashioned apple press
– Seasonal photo opportunities – pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalks at various downtown locations
– Live music throughout the day
– Apple inspired food – people’s choice award
– Blown Glass Pumpkin Patch created by Issaquah Glass Blowers
– Pick a fresh pumpkin to take home
– Scarecrow – people choice award
9am – 2pm Fresh Produce, Coffee, Jam, Apple and Cheese Tastings, Bakery, Art Exhibition at SHELL; Other activities around town be sure to stop in Owl’s Folly and Experience Tea and temp your tastes buds with Apple Inspired food at Fins Bistro, Max’s World Café, Levitate and Yum-E Yogurt.
People Choice Awards
– Apple Themed Art Competition
– Scarecrows on Front Street
Submit apple themed art (in 2D format) between September 7th and Oct 9th to be considered for a variety of prizes sponsored by downtown businesses including Ekta Gupta Studios, art by fire, Ming’s Asian Gallery, Workshop Issaquah and more!
– Any interested person is encouraged to submit their art for consideration.
– All artwork must include an apple or apple theme
– Submit in 2D format , and should be no larger than 10”x12”
– Submit a photo of your art (by October 9th, 2020) to email@example.com
– Submit in .jpg or .pdf format less than 2MB
– Acceptable media: paint, watercolor, crayon, pencil, photography
– Submit your art, including:
– Full name
– Phone & email
– Description of your art
That’s it — easy! We look forward to seeing your submittals. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Deadline: October 9th, 2020 5:00 pm
Art Intake: PLEASE DROP OFF YOUR ART ON Thursday, October 15th, no later than 5:00 pm at the Shell Station, 232 Front Street North Issaquah, WA 98027.
*** All submissions will be displayed at the Shell Station. ***
Winners will be announced at a “Meet the Artist” reception at the Shell Station on October 19th from 12pm – 12:45pm. There will be a People’s Choice Award (chosen by online voting on our Facebook page,) as well as awards by our panel of judges for the art contest!
DECORATE DOWNTOWN WITH A SCARECROW!
Individuals, families, teams, troops, classrooms, groups of all kinds and businesses are encouraged to participate!
Build your own and drop if off or join us at the Grange, Saturday October 10th from 1:00-5:00pm. The Grange will provide the straw, you provide the clothing and creativity! All Scarecrows must contain an apple of sort.
Drop off scarecrows on Thursday, October 15th from 9AM-5PM at the Downtown Issaquah Association office 232 Front St N, Issaquah.
Scarecrow exhibition October 17-November 7th throughout downtown. People’s choice award based on originality, creativity, and seasonal spirit. (Don’t forget the apple!)
* Download the Scarecrow Entry Form at https://www.downtownissaquah.com/ScarecrowEntryForm.docx